Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spicy Mexican Chicken Filling

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Mexican food!! I was able to make a chicken filling that tastes like it was simmered for hours- all in about 20 minutes from my THRIVE food storage! Here's how....

2 TB THRIVE tomato powder
1/3 C THRIVE freeze dried onions
1/4 C THRIVE mixed bell peppers
2 handfulls THRIVE chicken. Ok, I was lazy. I didn't measure.
2 C water

Mix the above together, then add the following:
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
1 tsp chili powder
dash salt

Simmer on medium-low for about 15 minutes. You can use this to fill enchiladas or tacos, or even serve it on top of a baked potato. If you really like it spicy, add some green chile peppers or a dash of Tobasco sauce. You could also try adding some corn or olives, if desired.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a new consultant with Shelf Reliance and am officially blog-stalking you. :) Thank you so much for posting these great recipes I am so excited to try them!

    ReplyDelete